Pages

I'm Muslim!


First and foremost, I'd like to extent my heartfelt congratulations to Naz and family!! A heart warming welcome to the newest member of our Muslim community :)
Allah Bless you and your family habibty! <3333

So yeah I just wanted to say...

When I call myself a Muslim…

-I’m taught to never think of “ME, MYSELF and I”
Rather it’s about “YOU, WE and US.”

The Prophet Muhammad saw said,
“He who (truly) believes wants for His brother what He wants for Himself.”
(Al-Bukhari)

When I call myself a Muslim,

-I mean I believe in Equality, that every Human deserves equal treatment, putting aside colour or creed.

“All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white - except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood.”
-Prophet Muhammad’s (saws) Last Sermon (Al-Bukhari)

When I call myself a Muslim,

-I move towards purifying my heart and mind with Kindness and Generosity.

The Prophet saw said,
“For Allah swt has chosen Islam for you, with that purify your souls with kindness and generosity for Islam is incomplete without both.”
(Muslim)

When I call myself a Muslim,

-I’m reminded always to put on a smile on my face not just for myself but also for the well being of others

The Prophet Saw said,
“Your Smile for your brother will be accounted as charity in your deeds”

When I call myself a Muslim…

-I mean I believe that anger resolves nothing and patience is a virtue to be practiced.

The Prophet Saw said,
“He who is the strongest isn’t he who wins in wrestling matches but rather He who controls his temper in times of anger.”
(Bukhari)

When I call myself a Muslim,

-I believe that knowledge is power.

The Prophet saw said
“Seeking knowledge is obligatory for every men and women”
(Muslim)

When I call myself a Muslim Woman,

-I am aware that I am to dress modestly as a form of respect for myself as well as towards my creator.

“O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women that they should cast their outer garments over their persons”( Quran 33:59)

When I call myself a Muslim,

- I strongly believe and practice Humanitarism

The Prophet Saw said,
“Visit the sick, feed the hungry and free the captives.”
(Bukhari)

When I call myself a Muslim,

-I love

The Prophet saw said,
“ Faith is not complete until you show love to one another. Would you want me to shwo how you can achieve this? Shower you Saalams upon one another.”

And this is where I say “Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabrakkatu”
When I call myself a Muslim,
I free myself from the darkness of ignorance for,

The Prophet saw said,
“ Seek Knowledge from the cradle to the grave”
(Muslim)

Islam is our identity! What's yours? :)

-A'qilah Saiere-