Pages

I Love Nibong Tebal

Years before this, I don’t really tell others where my hometown exactly is. Well, it is not because I am embarrass with my own hometown (NEVER. I am proud with it).  It is basically because, most outskirt friends have not heard of Nibong Tebal before. If anything close to the name, it will be Sungai Nibong or Muka Tebal. Emm.. I mean… ya. Lol.

 

Thus, I would normally explain:

 

“Oohh.. my place ah.. at Jawi there lor. Don’t know? Emm.. Parit Buntar, know? Still don’t know? Emm.. Butterworth that side lah”.

 

When they heard the word ‘Butterworth’, they will go like… “OOHHHHHhhh…. I know oledi”.

 

=________=

Ouch! That’s hurt man.

 

Well, I don’t blame them because Nibong Tebal is a small town with small population. So, it made sense when such reaction took place.

 

But ladies and gentlemen, from today onwards (especially to my readers) there is no reason on why you have not heard of Nibong Tebal. Why? Because she has upgraded and become a hot spot for tourism. Yes, you heard me? Tourism! Don’t play play ar.

 

247463_10150276630851337_732511336_8695712_2954805_nTaken by Gyson

The Chinese words mean: “Nibong Tebal Welcome You”

 

Recently, she has just organized a huge carnival with over 20,000 visitors on 4th June 2011. I was there! I shall share my experience in my coming post. Besides the carnival, Nibong Tebal has appeared in DJ游记 shows.

 

# Part 1

 

# Part 2

# Part 3

 

Oh dear! I am so proud of my own hometown and  I am falling so deeply in love after watching the clip. *dancing animatedly with head shaking*

 

There are two posts that I have blogged before about Nibong Tebal. You can visit them here at these links. You will love those pictures I captured especially if you are a city boy or girl.

 

1) Firefly Watching and Octopus Adventuring

2) My ‘Kampung’ Look

 

So, when next time my new friends ask about my hometown, I can proudly answer

 

“Nibong Tebal is my hometown. What? You don’t know ar? So famous wor. Go read my blog la…”

 

;)

 

P/s: NT is famous with good food, outdoor activities, friendly people and pretty girls *ehmm*