Pages

Silence Is A Virtue.

I've come to realise that the only time I get to sit in utter silence, close my eyes and detach myself from the surroundings to only think of my creator and all that He's blessed me with is when I'm in His House; The Masjid.

I've had a whole load of time to spare as I said;I'm on a 3 month break.
Things have been happening a lil too fast
while some seems to not be happening at all.
There has been clear ups and downs.
There's been the utmost disappointing of moments and the utmost happiest of times.

I sat in silence after my zuhr prayer at the Sultan Mosque today.-------->
So much has been happening; problems seem to tumble down one after another. It's been sometime since I sat down NOT to ask for something from Allah swt rather to Thank Him for all that He's been giving.

I'm in serious need of strength right now. I need Allah swt to guide me.
I need guidance and light.
And I need faith and patience.

Life's not been utterly miserable but sometimes when you see obstacles coming down one after another it's heart-wrenching and it makes you want to give up.
I'm not the sort of person who'd give up that easily.
I don't believe in admitting defeat til I finally attain an achievement and even if I lose in a battle; I wouldn't lose as a sore loser.

I always tell myself "I'm here because of my creator and it shall be FOR Him"
Because I get too busy these days I found myself moving away from the effort of getting close to Him. That was the reason why I decided to sit in the masjid with my "best friend" aka special sister to just reflect on all that's been happening ever since. To stop and think of how we always end up being too busy ASKING from Allah swt rather than giving (through prayers) and thanking Him for all that He's given.

I remember a story about a man who dreamt he visited the angels of Allah swt.
All the angels were tasked except one.
The man approached the angel in utter curiousity and asked;
"Oh Angel Of Allah swt; Why aren't you as busy as your fellow angels are?"

the Angel answered;
"Oh child of Adam, I've been tasked to take into account of those who thank Our Lord after asking for what they've asked for. The reason why my fellow angels are busy is because they tale charge of the servants who ASK from Allah while I take charge of those who THANK Allah.
Today itself, only a handful has said "Alhamdulillah" but look of Child Of Adam all are asking for so many favours from their Lord."

Doesn't the story tell us how much we tend to forget that we're blessed in at least one way or another and it seems that we never seem to notice the blessings and rather keep on ranting and asking.
Take a time off sisters and THANK Allah for all that He's given :)

فَبِأَيِّ آلَاءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ ﴿١٣﴾
(13) Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
(Surah Ar-Rahman (Surah No. 55))

-A'qilah Saiere-